Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Amber in day care

I have to first apologise for being slack and not updating my blog. Bad me! I have a good excuse though....I have gone back to work for just two days at this stage but will look to increase my hours in a month or so. I am really enjoying being back at work and getting dressed up and having adult conversations. I think for my own sanity the time was right for me to return to work.

So while I'm at work Amber is in day care. We have her in a brand new day care in Tawa and its on 16 acres of farm land so there is heaps of space for the kids to run around and there are loads of animals that the kids can interact with.

Initially she was the first child there so she had the care of two teachers and a chef! It was great as they were catering to Amber's needs. Slowly as the mo
nths have gone by more and more kids have joined the day care which is great. There are about 10 kids there now so Amber has plenty of friends to play with. She has buddied up with Sophia who is 4 years old. I think the friendship is mutual as Sophia must think Amber is a bit of a doll and Amber must think Sophia is a bit like a mini mum. Amber has really been enjoying day care which makes it soooo much easier to go back to work.





There is so much that the kids get up to, they paint, make playdoh, dancing, play inside and outside in the massive outdoor play area. The farm animals are just through the fence so they can pat the sheep, dogs, horses and other animals. Having been brought up on a farm this is exactly the environment I would like Amber to experience.

Amber has grown up so much lately and its probaby because she has been in day care and picked things up from the older children. She's got walking and running totally sussed now and its amazing how much speed she can get up, especially when I'm chasing after her. She is also a real chatter box and says so many words at the moment. Its really great because you can have a real conversation with her. Her latest word is "Oh o", its just sooo cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home