Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Sophie

Happy first birthday to Sophie.
She has managed to survive her first year....or should I say her parents have managed to survive the first year. Heck!
Megan organised a great party with a few friends and baked really cool bear cake (I never knew she had it in her). Good one!
Sophie looks so happy. I beat she's thinking bring on more birthdays.
Aunty Nenagh has been fast tracked to top aunty spot with the poem that I wrote for her.

Sophie it's your birthday, I wish many more to come;
but for today, you turn, the grand old age of one!

Your first year was filled with laughter, a few tears and loads of fun;
you're growing up so quickly, soon you'll be learning how to run.

All you have to worry about is sleeping, play and food;
and if you're mummy and daddy are in a really good mood.

How ever could they not when you're all out on the farm;
or wondering around the shops, in your mother's arms.

At home in bed with lamb chops, or in your play house jail;
you're forever near you're loved ones, in person or by email.

I'm always getting pictures, your beautiful blue eyes and huge big smile.
I look at them and wonder have you been playing there for a while.

Right now you don't realise how much your presence means.
Your beautiful bright spirit keeps on shinning, even in your dreams.

So, I wish you all the best as you enter year two;
with loads more of fun and happiness for you, mum and dad too.

Here are some pics of her party and I thought I'd add the one of her gumboots which she can stare at for 12 years until she's old enough to wear them.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seemed a great 1st year birthday party for Sophie who I have never met yet! All the best wish, heaps of laught & love and huge huge for her from her Japanese aunty in CZ! :-))))))))

6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home